Saturday, June 18, 2011

6-18-11


We woke up really early this morning, hitched up Mimi in the rain, drove 3+ hours, and got to our site in Portland by 11. I had an appointment for my car to be serviced, so on the way I dropped the kids and Jordan off at the Children's Museum of Maine. While there they enjoyed a puppet show, firetruck, grocery store, farm and many other things that I didn't witness.











I waited for a couple hours for my truck. Then I picked them up where I left them. We stopped at Trader Joes on the way back to mimi. When we got back to mimi, while I was preparing to grill some dinner, a huge "stray" thunder storm came through with lighting and hail and tons of rain. The kids hid under the picnic table until we made them come in.





We cooked inside.
Then it was off to bed.

Location:Portland, ME

1 comment:

Sukki said...

hahaha i thought i missed the whole drive back... "portland??" OH, I get it! Maine.

Amazing thunder storms on the east coast! you guys must be up to something fun... haven't heard from you in a few days! xoxo safe travels home.