Friday, July 8, 2011

7-8-11


We were up a little earlier this morning and managed to get packed up by 9:30. This give us the opportunity for a free Cracker Barrel breakfast with Grandma Kay and Ron ( thanks Ron! ). Then we hit the road for a quick 6 hour drive through beautiful Wyoming. It was such an exciting drive that I finally had to break out the 5 hour energy drink that I had stashed away for such a day. Both kids did great...they watched the Scooby Doo video that Ron got them at the Cracker Barrel. It was especially fun for me to listen to because the video featured guest appearances from the Harlem Globetrotters. Curly is my personal favorite. It's just so funny that his name is curly...and he's bald...ha.
I almost ran out of gas out there in Wyoming. I literally pulled into the gas station with my cars computer estimating only 2 miles left in the tank.
When we pulled into our campground,we unhooked and headed into Custer for dinner at the Purple Pie Place. Thanks for the tip Kari. We had a piece of peanut butter pie for desert. After, we took a quick drive through the beautiful black hills to Mt Rushmore.








Then we booked it back to the Crazy Horse Memorial to catch the laser light show that we heard was cool. It was neat that they showed a movie on the side of a mountain, but the show left much to be desired. I wonder if anyone else felt the irony of playing "Proud to be an American" for the finally after trying to tell the story of the Native American Experience, all projected onto a memorial for Crazy Horse. Who spent his life fighting the US government and died at their hands. Hmm.
Back at Mimi now. Everyone is asleep except me. Time for me to join them.

Location:Custer, SD

No comments: